Sunshine Embroidered Quilt BotM: Feb 16th (2)
This is the second class in our block of the month series.
Hey guys! In this class, we're going to make the following blocks:
- Chenille pineapples
- Sentiment blocks
- Bike Blocks
* if time permits, we will also knock out the watermelon blocks.
please be sure to bring:
- your tearaway stabilizer
- small good snips for the chenille blocks
- a seam ripper for the fringe technique
- your shape flex interfacing that was included in your kit.
- the following hoops: 4x4, 5x7, 9x9 (not necessary but will save on stabilizer when we double up on pineapples. you can use a larger hoop instead), and 6x10
If you want to prep (but you don't have to!) this saves a little time:
- cut your yellow squares for your pineapples according to page 9 in your book. you'll need 4 yellow 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares for each of the 3 yellow pineapple blocks. Feel free to mix up the yellows you use. You can also cut (4) 5 x 5 1/2 yellow pieces for the large pineapple.
See you guys next Saturday!!
This embroidered Kimberbell quilt is full of happy summertime blocks that celebrate the joys of warmth and sunshine. It'll make a beautiful picnic blanket, tablecloth, or you know...quilt ;) It covers a wide variety of embroidery techniques like chenilling, applique with vinyl, 3-D flowers, fringe technique, and more.
Not up to the entire quilt? That's okay, this book is full of cute little projects like pillows and runners too.
This class will be block of the month style: we will have one class every month for 5 -6 months.
*this class is FULL*
ES 331 (yellow)
PF 532 (yellow)
PF 532 (gold)
ES 5553 (navy)
PF 2040 (light blue)
PF 182 (coral)
ES 315 (pink)
ES 307 (pink)
PF 117 (pink)
PF 1082 (pink)
ES 518 (tan)
ES 841 (brown)
PF 745 (brown)
PF 416 (charcoal)
ES 1707 (silver)
PF 451 (dark silver)
ES 988 (green)
ES 990 (green)
PF 273 (light green) Cost: